The Libgcrypt Library
This manual is for Libgcrypt (version 1.2.4, 3 November 2006), which is
GNU's library of cryptographic building blocks.
Copyright (C) 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
document under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version. The text of the
license can be found in the section entitled "Copying".
* Introduction What is Libgcrypt.
* Preparation What you should do before using the library.
* Generalities General library functions and data types.
* Handler Functions Working with handler functions.
* Symmetric cryptography How to use symmetric cryptography.
* Hashing How to use hashing.
* Public Key cryptography (I) How to use public key cryptography.
* Public Key cryptography (II) How to use public key cryptography, alternatively.
* Random Numbers How to work with random numbers.
* S-expressions How to manage S-expressions.
* MPI library How to work with multi-precision-integers.
* Utilities Utility functions.
* Library Copying The GNU Lesser General Public License
says how you can copy and share `Libgcrypt'.
* Copying The GNU General Public License says how you
can copy and share some parts of `Libgcrypt'.
* Concept Index Index of concepts and programs.
* Function and Data Index Index of functions, variables and data types.
--- The Detailed Node Listing ---
* Getting Started How to use this manual.
* Features A glance at Libgcrypt's features.
* Overview Overview about the library.
* Header What header file you need to include.
* Building sources How to build sources using the library.
* Building sources using Automake How to build sources with the help of Automake.
* Initializing the library How to initialize the library.
* Multi Threading How Libgcrypt can be used in a MT environment.
* Controlling the library Controlling Libgcrypt's behavior.
* Modules Description of extension modules.
* Error Handling Error codes and such.
* Progress handler Using a progress handler function.
* Allocation handler Using special memory allocation functions.
* Error handler Using error handler functions.
* Logging handler Using a special logging function.
* Available ciphers List of ciphers supported by the library.
* Cipher modules How to work with cipher modules.
* Available cipher modes List of cipher modes supported by the library.
* Working with cipher handles How to perform operations related to cipher handles.
* General cipher functions General cipher functions independent of cipher handles.
* Available hash algorithms List of hash algorithms supported by the library.
* Hash algorithm modules How to work with hash algorithm modules.
* Working with hash algorithms List of functions related to hashing.
Public Key cryptography (I)
* Used S-expressions Introduction into the used S-expression.
* Available algorithms Algorithms supported by the library.
* Public key modules How to work with public key modules.
* Cryptographic Functions Functions for performing the cryptographic actions.
* General public-key related Functions General functions, not implementing any cryptography.
Public Key cryptography (II)
* Available asymmetric algorithms List of algorithms supported by the library.
* Working with sets of data How to work with sets of data.
* Working with handles How to use handles.
* Working with keys How to work with keys.
* Using cryptographic functions How to perform cryptographic operations.
* Handle-independent functions General functions independent of handles.
* Quality of random numbers Libgcrypt uses different quality levels.
* Retrieving random numbers How to retrieve random numbers.
* Data types for S-expressions Data types related with S-expressions.
* Working with S-expressions How to work with S-expressions.
* Data types MPI related data types.
* Basic functions First steps with MPI numbers.
* MPI formats External representation of MPIs.
* Calculations Performing MPI calculations.
* Comparisons How to compare MPI values.
* Bit manipulations How to access single bits of MPI values.
* Miscellaneous Miscellaneous MPI functions.
* Memory allocation Functions related with memory allocation.
automatically generated byinfo2html