This file documents version 4.1.5 of GNU `sed', a stream editor.
Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Free Software
This document is released under the terms of the GNU Free
Documentation License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
either version 1.1, or (at your option) any later version.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Free Documentation
License along with GNU `sed'; see the file `COPYING.DOC'. If not,
write to the Free Software Foundation, 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
There are no Cover Texts and no Invariant Sections; this text, along
with its equivalent in the printed manual, constitutes the Title Page.
* Introduction Introduction
* Invoking sed Invocation
* sed Programs `sed' programs
* Examples Some sample scripts
* Limitations Limitations and (non-)limitations of GNU `sed'
* Other Resources Other resources for learning about `sed'
* Reporting Bugs Reporting bugs
* Extended regexps `egrep'-style regular expressions
* Concept Index A menu with all the topics in this manual.
* Command and Option Index A menu with all `sed' commands and
--- The detailed node listing ---
* Execution Cycle How `sed' works
* Addresses Selecting lines with `sed'
* Regular Expressions Overview of regular expression syntax
* Common Commands Often used commands
* The "s" Command `sed''s Swiss Army Knife
* Other Commands Less frequently used commands
* Programming Commands Commands for `sed' gurus
* Extended Commands Commands specific of GNU `sed'
* Escapes Specifying special characters
* Centering lines
* Increment a number
* Rename files to lower case
* Print bash environment
* Reverse chars of lines
* tac Reverse lines of files
* cat -n Numbering lines
* cat -b Numbering non-blank lines
* wc -c Counting chars
* wc -w Counting words
* wc -l Counting lines
* head Printing the first lines
* tail Printing the last lines
* uniq Make duplicate lines unique
* uniq -d Print duplicated lines of input
* uniq -u Remove all duplicated lines
* cat -s Squeezing blank lines
automatically generated byinfo2html